For more than 95 years, our firm has focused on both insurance defence and personal injury litigation. For this reason, articling students at Will Davidson LLP are provided with an invaluable opportunity to learn the litigation process from the perspective of both a plaintiff and a defendant. Whether working on complex cases for a large insurance company or focusing in on a case for an individual, the practical experience gained by our students better prepares them for a career in litigation. Our students work closely with all of our lawyers on an equal amount of defence and plaintiff matters. Our students are given a great deal of responsibility and independence throughout the term, all while being supervised and mentored by our experienced counsel.
While articling at Will Davidson LLP, our students will complete a wide range of tasks and assignments including, but not limited to:
- conduct legal research
- prepare legal documents and argument
- prepare for and attend at motions
- prepare for and assist with trials
- maintain carriage of Small Claims Court matters
- conduct Small Claims Court trials independently
- attend at examinations for discovery and mediations
Our students make important contributions and we welcome their energy and enthusiasm.
How To Apply:
The recruitment of articling students is governed by the guidelines of the Law Society of Ontario (LSO).
Key dates and information for the 2023/2024 Articling Student Interviews:
- All applications must be received no later than 5:00pm on Friday, July 8, 2022.
- All applications must include a cover letter, resume, official law school transcript and reference letter.
- Applications must be submitted through ViLawPortal
- We will call students to make arrangements for in-firm interviews on Friday, July 22, 2022, at 8:00 am. Students who are not being offered an interview will not be contacted.
- Interviews will be conducted on August 8 and 9, 2022.
- Offers will be communicated by telephone at 5:00 pm on Wednesday, August 10, 2022
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Articling Committee, email@example.com