WILL DAVIDSON LLP prides itself in having a firm of exceptional lawyers and staff. We are a boutique litigation firm and we follow a simple philosophy – to provide our clients with the best possible legal representation by continuously striving to be leaders in our field.
In fact, WILL DAVIDSON LLP was voted as an Employee Recommended Workplace by Morneau Shepell and The Globe and Mail in 2020. Based entirely on employee feedback, this award recognizes employers who achieve excellence in creating a healthy work environment and focus on their employees’ well-being. We pride ourselves on creating a culture at the firm that is fun, safe, and inclusive.
Intermediate Legal Assistant – Oakville, ON
WILL DAVIDSON LLP, one of Ontario’s leading personal injury firms, is currently looking for a legal assistant to join the plaintiff practice in our Oakville office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and edit correspondence and documents
- Organize and request productions and medical documentation from parties
- Provide administrative support which includes (but is not limited to) completing file opening forms, photocopying, scanning, filing and creation of file folders
- Professionally interact with all firm members and clients
- Schedule and confirm appointments, meetings, discoveries, and mediations
- Organize, maintain, and accurately file matter-related documentation via paper and digital formats
- Prepare accounts
- Prepare and review pleadings, motion records, Affidavit of Documents, etc. (tort and AB)
- Review and summarize medical documentation and file productions
- Complete special projects as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Law Clerk Diploma from an accredited institution
- 3+ years’ experience working within a personal injury practice area in a law firm
- Knowledge of SABS and Rules of Civil Procedure
- Document specialist capability with strong technical skills working within Microsoft Office suite, Primafact and a Document Management System
- Solid proofreading skills
- Strong eye for detail
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner and provide exceptional client service
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities with ease
Success in this role means:
- Has a strong client service approach
- Resourceful, strong research, investigative and problem-solving skills
- The ability to meet tight internal and external deadlines while managing multiple projects and competing with demands for resources
- Detail oriented
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Exercises discretion and ability to keep matters confidential at all times
WILL DAVIDSON LLP offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please submit your resume to Sarah Dovaston, HR Supervisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates and we thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.