Managing Partner- Gary R.
- Joyce M.
- Peter Reinitzer
- Gurpal Sandhu
With over 90 years of experience in insurance defence, property and personal injury claims - Will Davidson LLP has amassed a great deal of experience in representing companies and individuals all across Ontario. With 10 office locations to serve you - we are renowned for being a reliable and trusted team of legal experts who value exemplary client service and real results.
Paul has been a partner with Will Davidson LLP since 2011, having started here as an articling student in 2004.
Paul helps seriously injured people obtain fair compensation for their losses, whether it be by medical malpractice, car accident, slip and fall, or a product failure. Paul also assists people with first party insurance claims for disability benefits.
With over a decade of experience practicing law, Paul has represented clients at trials, complicated motions, appeals, and tribunal hearings.
He has appeared at both the Divisional Court and the Court of Appeal. He has represented clients at administrative boards and tribunals, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal, the Health Professions Review and Appeal Board, and the CPP Review Tribunal.
Paul believes that the best outcomes for his clients come from hard work and preparation.
Paul speaks at industry conferences and authors articles in legal publications.
Paul received his B.A. (Hons), from Queens University in 2001 and his LL.B., from the University of Ottawa in 2004. Paul was called to the Bar in 2005.
- Paul Cahill Speaks at the Will Davidson LLP Products Liability Litigation Seminar , September 22, 2016 he presents a paper on “Products Liability Litigation 101: How to Get Started”.
- Paul Cahill presents and participates in a mock trial at the Introduction to Legal Nurse Consulting, an educational conference for legal nurse consultants, on October 6, 2016.
- Paul Cahill co-presents on October 21, 2015 at Toronto Rehab Institute to a full house of staff members on the topic of Consent and Capacity.
- Paul Cahill Speaks at Connect Medical Legal Experts formerly known as (CAN LNC) annual conference and participates as a lawyer in mock trial On September 24, 2015
- Paul Cahill Speaks at the OTLA 2014 Spring Conference in Toronto. On May 30, 2014, Paul Cahill contributed to a panel discussion on ticklers and limitation periods. The presentation was directed to the benefit of the Law Clerks Section of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association.
- Paul Cahill presents at Introduction to Legal Nurse Consulting, an educational conference for legal nurse consultants On May 3, 2014, Mr. Cahill played the role of the lawyer for a plaintiff in a mock trial at the Introduction to Legal Nurse Consulting conference put on by CanLNC. The mock trial was staged before a group of approximately 25-30 nurses and included an Ontario Court Judge, a defence lawyer, and volunteer nurse […]
- Client Testimonial regarding Paul Cahill & Meghan Walker (April 16, 2014) Hello Paul; Just to let you know that I got the cheque and I am very happy. Paul; you have been an amazing lawyer and friend throughout the entire process. You made me feel comfortable and not stressed even when we went together to court although it was scary you made it easy for me. […]
- Paul Cahill Speaks at the Canadian Institute’s 20th Annual Provincial/Municipal Government Liability Conference On February 27, 2014, Mr. Cahill presented at the Canadian Institute’s 20th Annual Provincial/Municipal Government Liability Conference along with co-presenter, Scott Hamilton of Loopstra Nixon LLP. The topic discussed was the status of the 10 day notice period municipal defence, and whether the recent Court of Appeal decision of Argue v. Tay (Township) brought any […]
- Paul Cahill presents at Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Law Practice Essentials: a Law Society of Upper Canada CPD Program On October 1, 2013, Paul Cahill presented at the Law Society of Upper Canada’s conference: Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Law Practice Essentials. At this conference, Mr. Cahill discussed: “Effective Examinations for Discovery” and provided tips and advice on how to best prepare your client for discovery, and how to conduct an effective discovery of the opposing party. […]
- May 05, featured on Advocate Daily “City have duty to maintain streets to prevent serious injury”. Paul Cahill discusses A recent court decision involving a crash that left a man quadriplegic should serve as a reminder of the importance of maintaining municipal infrastructure for the public’s safety.
- November 22, featured on Advocate Daily “Cuts to insurance regime failing injured victims”. Paul Cahill discusses the impact changes to SABS has on injuries deemed more catastrophic.
- October 10, featured on Advocate Daily “Access Denied: Legit Disability Claims Lost In Shuffle”. Paul Cahill discusses People with legitimate disabilities are being denied long-term benefits because the system of filing and internally appealing insurance claims is convoluted and complex.
- September 02, featured on Advocate Daily ” QCPIA Mandates Disclosure of Medical Errors to Patients”. Paul provides information on Ontario hospitals required to disclose the facts and causes of medical errors to patients under the revised Quality of Care Information Protection Act (QCIPA), and how this benefits patients.
- July 18, featured on Advocate Daily ” Two- year window for malpractice lawsuits often murky for surgeries”
- April 29, featured on The Lawyers Weekly “Forget paper, the future is in Skype and the Cloud”
- April 28, featured on Advocate Daily “Cerebral Palsy and the link to negligent birth trauma”. Paul Cahill discusses cerebral palsy and the link to medical malpractice.
- February 2016, featured on Advocate Daily “Personal injury lawyer helps real people with real problems”. Paul Cahill discusses his practice areas and why he became a lawyer.
Book a ConsultationInjured? Contact us now for a free consultation
Thank you for contacting Will Davidson LLP
A member from our legal team will be in touch with you within the next 24 hours.