Chris Morrison is a Partner at Will Davidson LLP who practices primarily in the field of complex civil litigation and appeals. His focus is on insurance coverage, subrogation, negligence claims, and mass tort/class proceedings. He handles the majority of the firm’s appeals and has appeared numerous times before the Ontario Divisional Court, the Ontario Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of Canada. Since his call to the bar 20 years ago, Chris has logged over 60 reported decisions.
Outside of the courtroom, he is an accomplished negotiator who has settled numerous multi-million dollar environmental insurance claims.
As head of the firm’s subrogation division, Chris has recovered millions of dollars for insurers and has worked on innovative solutions to maximize client’s recovery on complicated claims
A frequent speaker to both the plaintiff and Insurance bar, Chris has authored multiple papers on class proceedings, evidence, and insurance law and product liability.
Publications / Speaking Engagements
- September 29, 2021; presented “Moore Decision” at the Canadian Defence Lawyers CLE webinar.
- September 15, 2021; presented “MOORE v. LYSENKO: Family Law Act Damages on the Rise” at Will Davidson LLP’s annual CLE webinar: Ready, Set, Litigate: How to Prepare Yourself for the Post-COVID World.
- September 25, 2019; presented “Use of an Expert Witness” at Will Davidson LLP’s annual CLE seminar: Experts at Trial: How to Maximize (or Minimize) Their Effectiveness.
- Chris Morrison speaks at the Will Davidson LLP Products Liability Litigation Seminar presents paper on “The Use of Experts In Products Cases”.
- Chris Morrison and Stephanie Quesnelle Uphold “Absolute Pollution Exclusion” in Superior Court
On April 2, 2012, Justice Richetti of the Superior Court of Justice released his decision in De Marco v. The Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company. In this application, DeMarco brought an application against Will Davidson’s client, The Dominion, seeking a declaration that The Dominion had an obligation to defend and indemnify its insured against […]
- WILL DAVIDSON DECLARED BEST LAW FIRM IN HUNTSVILLE
In its annual survey of local businesses the Huntsville Forester readers survey declared that our Huntsville offices was the “BEST LAW FIRM” in athe region continuing the WILL DAVIDSON tradition of providing top quality litigation services throughout Ontario.
- Chris Morrison Successfully Defends The Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company in the Court of Appeal
Chris Morrison and Stephanie Quesnelle appeared in the Ontario Court of Appeal to successfully have a claim against The Dominion of Canada General Insurance Company Dismissed. The unanimous court found that the action against The Dominion could not proceed. The Courts decision is available here.