Gary Will is a Partner at Will Davidson LLP which now has six offices in Ontario, including Toronto, Oakville, Huntsville, Midland, Lindsay, and Bowmanville. Gary was the Managing Partner at Will Davidson for over 20 years.
He has been recognized as one of Canada’s premier legal experts in the practice of personal injury litigation and is certified by the Law Society of Upper Canada as a specialist in Civil Litigation.
MEET GARY R. WILL
He has been recognized as one of Canada’s premier legal experts in the practice of personal injury litigation and is certified by the Law Society of Upper Canada as a specialist in Civil Litigation.WATCH NOW
Gary Will has a busy practice acting for individuals suffering serious personal injuries or for the families of individuals suffering fatal injuries. He has extensive experience in the areas of personal injury law, products liability, professional negligence, insurance, environmental, bad faith, and class action litigation. Gary has a practice built on referrals from other lawyers throughout Canada and has been recognized by his peers repeatedly for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in Canada.
Gary received a Bachelor of Arts Degree from York University in 1979, specializing in Political Science and was called to the Ontario Bar in 1984. In 1982 Gary attended Osgood Hall Law School: LLB (1982) The programme of study included a well-balanced exposure to most major areas of law. He wrote major research papers on the Constitutionality of the Combines Investigation Act and the Constitutionality of the Combines Investigation Act and the political, economic and social consequences of A programme of Wage and Price controls in Canada.
From 1981-1983 Gary received Certificates in the following areas: Private International Law from Hague Academy of International Law(1983), Certificate in Civil Law, University of Sherbrooke, Quebec (1981) Certificate in Comparative Law, Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia (1981). He articled at Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt 1982-1983.
Gary is a Past-President of the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association and was the Provincial delegate to the American Association for Justice from 1996 to 2007. He currently is on the Board of Governors for AAJ. He is the recipient of the H. T. Bruce Hillyer Award presented by the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association on June 1, 1996, in recognition of an outstanding contribution to the cause of civil justice, having exemplified the spirit of OTLA in fearlessly advancing the cause of individual rights by the effective use of trial advocacy. He was a finalist for the 2002 Trial Lawyer of the Year Award established by Trial Lawyers for Public Justice.
Gary is an active member of The Canadian Bar Association, Metropolitan Lawyers Association, Halton Law Association, Simcoe Law Association, American Association for Justice, Legal Fraternity, Phi Delta Phi
Gary has received a series of awards over his years of practice including:
- Recipient of the H.T. Bruce Hillyer Award presented by the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association on June 1, 1996 “in recognition of an outstanding contribution to the cause of civil justice, having exemplified the spirit of OTLA in fearlessly advancing the cause of individual rights by the effective use of trial advocacy”.
- Certified by the Law Society as a Specialist in Civil Litigation.
- Finalist for the 2002 Trial Lawyer of the Year Award for the Trial Lawyers for Public Justice.
- Selected for inclusion in the 2006 inaugural edition of the Best Lawyers in Canada. Because Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey in which 24,000 leading attorneys throughout the country cast almost two million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their specialties, and because lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed, inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honour. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice”.
- Listed in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a leading practitioner in the Personal Injury field.
- Selected for inclusion in the Financial Post Best Lawyers: Personal Injury in 2007.
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 editions of the Best Lawyers in Canada.