Joyce works from the Midland, Lindsay and Huntsville offices of Will Davidson LLP. A portion of her practice is devoted to assisting clients with CPP disability appeals Her goal is to make the legal process easier to understand for her clients. She also works behind the scenes researching the law and preparing legal arguments and documents required to win cases.
Joyce graduated with distinction from University of Ottawa Law School in 1992. In 1993 she was called to the B.C. bar and practiced civil litigation in the Fraser Valley. In 1998 she obtained an LL.M. from University of Alberta and clerked with the judges of the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench and Court of Appeal. Joyce was called to the Ontario bar in 1999 and the same year began her work with John McCarthy. She is the co-author of several articles, including “The Hockey Arena: Liability for Spectator Injuries” (Winter 2006, The Litigator Magazine, co-author Chris Clifford) and “Ten Ways to Defuse Video Surveillance Evidence” (Spring 2002, Ontario Trial Lawyers’ Association Conference Materials, co-author John McCarthy).
Publications / Speaking Engagements
- How Courts Exercise their Discretion to order Production of Facebook and Other Electronic Documents
Canadian Institute Conference on Disability Law,
co-author with David Morin
- Sticks and Stones May Break My Bones But Names Will Never Hurt Me – Or Will They. Overly Sensitive Employees Alleging Poisoned Work Environments and Johnson v. General Motors of Canada
Federated Press Conference on Disability Claims Management, co-author with David Morin
- The Hockey Arena: Liability for Spectator Injuries
The Litigator Magazine, co-author Chris Clifford
- Ten Ways to Defuse Video Surveillance Evidence
Ontario Trial Lawyers’ Association Conference Materials, co-author John McCarthy
- Damages in Failed Real Estate Transactions
Real Property Law, co-author with Rod Ferguson
LSUC Special Lectures 2002
- Fireside Chat EDI Program
Presented on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion with the Simcoe County Law Association.
February 5, 2019